What are the benefits of hiring a realtor?
Last month we covered the important documents to prepare for the home buying process. By this point you should have a pre-approval and should be ready to find your dream home. There are many tools available online, but nothing compares to the services you can receive from a professional realtor. Today we’ll cover the multiple tools and support a realtor can provide you throughout the home buying process.
1. Realtors offer their services for FREE. (That's right! FREE.)
First things first, did you know realtor services are FREE? Many consumers think that they are responsible for paying a sales commission for their agents' services. The fact is only the seller is responsible for paying all commissions. As a buyer, that means you get a wealth of expertise from your agent at no charge! Who wouldn't take advantage of that?
2. Realtors use the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) to get you the most up-to-date information on available homes.
You can search for your dream home on sites such as Zillow.com, Trulia.com, Realtor.com, and others but beware that the information here is delayed and lacks information. The reason why you may see delays on these online sites is because it is pulled from the MLS. Access to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) will provide you the most up to date and accurate information. Only licensed realtors can give you access to the MLS. This will provide you with an upper advantage for when your dream home gets listed!
3. Realtors schedule property showings and give expert analysis of property information.
Your realtor can schedule and provide showings of any homes that you are interested in. Your realtor can also be a wealth of information regarding any properties you are interested in. The market is constantly changing and you want to ensure you are up to date with all the trends, laws, and regulations. Your agent can be your expert guide for other important details other than just the visual aspects of finding a home.
- Seller Disclosures – This notice is a disclosure from the seller of the condition of the property. Through these disclosures you can find out more information about the history of the home such as foundation, roofing, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and more.
- Comparable Market Analysis (CMA) – This is an evaluation of similar, recently sold homes (called comparables) that are near a home intended to be bought or sold. Your realtor can prepare your CMA which establishes the current market value of the property you are interested in. This will help you in making a safe decision when it comes to placing an offer. This is a long term investment, so this is an important step when deciding on a home.
- Neighborhood Information- Your realtor should be fully knowledgeable with your area, and can help with providing more important information aside from the home details. Your realtor can inform you about schools, zoning, utilities and more. They understand that this is more than just a purchase, and that it is a major milestone in your life!
4. Realtors help you prepare your offer and negotiate the best possible deal.
A realtor will assist you in preparing an offer in your unique market. Because every market is different, you want to make sure you have an experienced professional on your side to submit the proper offers. In some markets, a simple offer may not suffice and negotiations may be needed. Your realtor will be the negotiator through this process. The last thing you want to do is negotiate on your own. Remember, real estate agents are the experts and will get you the best deal! Once your realtor and the seller’s realtor reach an agreement, your goal of home ownership will only be a few steps away!
What if my credit doesn't qualify for mortgage pre-approval?
Do you think your credit does not qualify or meet your lenders minimum requirement? If so, we encourage you to consult with a credit expert like MSI Credit Solutions to learn about your options. MSI Credit Solutions leverages your consumer rights by working on your behalf. MSI's process will assist you with removing questionable negative items from your credit report, resulting with an increase to your credit scores.
MSI Credit Solutions provides superior credit restoration and comprehensive consulting services that are reliable and affordable. For any questions or to schedule a free credit consultation, contact us at (866) 217-9841.
*The information in this article has been provided strictly for educational purposes.